5 Ways to Get Facebook Likes for Your Non Profit
Why is a Facebook “like” important; because every like means another person receiving your status updates in their newsfeed. Every like means another person who can share a story with all of their friends. This is why likes grow exponentially, especially with non profits. People love to help, or at least feel like they are helping a great cause. This could be through donations or through awareness. To put it simply, with every like there is a greater chance of donations, participation, and ultimately exposure for your non profit all done on the cheap as it costs nothing but your time.
If you are still reading this then you agree that likes are important; but how do you get them? As I mentioned it’s a much easier feat for a non-profit than a for-profit business. Here are a few strategies to get lots of likes.
1. Email campaign – Simply ask your current contacts to “like” your page. If you’re new to using a mass email service, consider utilizing Mail Chimp’s “Forever Free Plan.” They say you get up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month for free.
2. Run a contest – To be eligible to win people must like the Facebook page. Give away an item or an experience to the lucky winner. We’ve seen groups raffle free ipads, but anything from t-shirts to water bottles could help.
3. Ask someone to match a donation – For every “like” the non-profit receives Person X will donate $1. Or maybe to put it differently, “If the Facebook page reaches 1000 followers Person X will make a $1000 donation.”
4. Create Interesting content that people will share – This is the most important thing you can do. Post photos of the great work you are doing. Write articles that your followers can share all over the web. Put videos on Youtube. Your work will spread naturally.
5. Write press releases – Media sources are always on the lookout for content, and non profit work is often an easy sell. Ask to include a mention about your Facebook page at the end of the article.
These were just a few ideas to get you started. Be creative, think outside of the box and be genuine. Good luck!